Veros Real Estate Solutions
The State of California requires that we provide privacy information for individuals that are residents of California. If you are not a resident California, you can disregard this document.
- Personal Information We Collect
- Personal Information Does Not Include
- Categories of Personal Information Collected
- How We Obtain Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Sale of Personal Information
- Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Right to Know
- Right to Delete
- Right to Opt-Out
- Right to Non-Discrimination
- Submitting a Request to Know or Request to Delete
- How to Submit a Request
- Authorized Agents
- Response Timing and Delivery Method
- How to Contact Us
Below is the legal information we are required to share:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“personal information”).
1.1 Personal Information Does Not Include
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA, including:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).
1.2 Categories of Personal Information We Collect
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information:
- “Identifiers” such as name, alias, address, unique identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account number, Social Security Number, or government identification number;
- “Other Personal Information” such as name, signature, Social Security Number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, home value, or any other financial information, or medical information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories;
- “Internet or Network Activity” such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement; and
- “Biometric Information” such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, or gait.
1.3 How We Obtain Your Personal Information:
We obtain personal information directly and indirectly from you based on activity on our website or visiting our office. For example, from submissions through our website, website usage details collected automatically, or security footage.
- For advertising or marketing services, or receiving analytic services. This includes:
- a. to fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided;
- b. to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- c. to provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you; and
- d. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into by us
1.5. How We Share Your Personal Information:
We may disclose your personal information to a service provider or a business for which we are a servicer provider. We do not share personal information with third parties.
1.6 Sale of Personal Information:
We do not sell your personal information. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018
2.1 Right to Know:
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months (“Right to Know”). Once we receive and verify your request, unless an exemption applies, we will disclose to you:
- Categories of Personal Information Collected and Shared
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information shared with each category of third-party recipients
- Specific Information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
2.2 Right to Delete:
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected and retained (“Right to Delete”). Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete, de-identify, or aggregate your personal information (and direct our service providers to do the same), unless an exemption or exception applies.
We may deny your Request to Delete if retaining the personal information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code; or
- comply with legal or regulatory obligations
2.3 Right to Opt-Out and Submitting an Opt-Out Request:
Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information (“Right to Opt-Out”). However, we do not sell your personal information. Further, we do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
2.4 Right to Non-Discrimination:
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you goods or services;
- charge you higher prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- provide you a lower level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- SUBMITTING A REQUEST TO KNOW OR REQUEST TO DELETE
3.1 How to submit a request:
To make a Request to Know or Request to Delete, please contact us by either:
- Calling us at 866.458.3767
- Contact us via our webform here
Only (1) you, (2) a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, or (3) an entity registered with the California Secretary of State and authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a Request to Know or Request to Delete related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a Request to Know twice within a 12-month period.
A Request to Know or Request to Delete must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity including name and email address. You may also need to provide us with a phone number and mailing address to process your request; and
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, please attach a copy of one or more of the following to your request email:
- California Secretary of State entity details and signed permission from the California resident (if the agent is a business entity),
- signed permission from the California resident (if the agent is an individual), or
- a valid power of attorney
- To verify your identity, please attach copies of the following to your request email:
- valid Government Issued ID (not expired) AND
- a Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or similar documentation to verify your name and address.
3.3 Response Timing and Delivery Method:
We will acknowledge receipt of a Request to Know or Request to Delete within 10 business days of its receipt. We will respond to a request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days for a total of 90 days from receipt of the request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically. Any response to Request to Know we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- HOW TO CONTACT US