Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting and will perform a wide variety of financial and accounting related tasks. Duties include preparing and analyzing financial statements and assist in budgeting and other special projects.
- Work with the Director of Accounting on report reconciliation, budget analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Lead role in annual budgeting process.
- Create and distribute financial reports to senior executives and managers.
- Prepare, analyze and reconciles of balance sheets.
- Analyze, verify, interpret and process financial and operating data to understand drivers of operating expense.
- Maintain records, accounts and ledgers pertaining to various company activity; and prepares related schedules, statements and reports to analyze the results of the activity.
- Exchanges and interprets business information; and promotes effective and timely flow of required operating and financial information.
- Advises company departments on consistent and appropriate applications of financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Participates in analyzing, evaluating, recommending and implementing new policies, methods, procedures and spreadsheets designed to improve information and efficiency.
- Coordinates and manages projects with accounting and/or non-accounting personnel, as required.
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in financial and accounting work. Prior experience dealing with technical accounting matters and/or in-depth knowledge of GAAP would be beneficial.
- Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advance experience on Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and macro experience a must.
- CPA certification preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills; Accounting research skills also helpful but not required.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently while continually adapting in a fast paced multi-divisional organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- Project Management experience preferred, but not required
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.