Senior Systems Administrator
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role as an experienced Senior Systems Administrator.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the VP of IT, the primary objective of this position is to maintain a high-performance, robust computing environment. The responsibilities of the role specifically include maintenance of the public-facing production technology infrastructure, including both Primary and Backup data centers, as well as major internal production and development systems. The Senior Systems Administrator is also responsible for forward-looking systems architecture evolution, oversight of local production operations and maintenance of an effective systems and resource monitoring program.
- Provide primary administration and support for all Linux servers
- Administer servers including provisioning storage from SAN, performance management, capacity planning, software and firmware upgrades
- Installing, maintaining, configuring, and hardening Oracle Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Linux
- Support, configure and maintain SAN-based enterprise storage infrastructure
- Operate all backup and recovery systems to guarantee a stable operational environment and recovery standards as provided for in existing SLAs.
- Implement, administer and maintain a highly available and scalable system infrastructure
- Design, maintain and practice disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Monitor production infrastructure using enterprise-class systems monitoring software
- Develop custom monitoring solutions for specific components as required
- Maintain a secure environment for sensitive customer, prospect and organizational trade secret data
- Develop and maintain effective systems automation procedures using shell scripting and similar techniques
- Document technical operations standards
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficiency in the following skills is required with skill level as noted: (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux and RedHat Linux - Expert
- Install, upgrade, configure, and support OEL/RHEL 6 and higher software - Expert
- Storage Area Networks – Advanced
- Networking - Advanced
- Cisco technologies – Advanced
- Oracle – Intermediate
- Blade server based technologies - Intermediate
2. Prior practical experience in the following areas is considered relevant to the position as indicated: (Mandatory, Desirable, Useful)
- Managing multiple-server installations to production-quality standards, including production control, disaster planning and security administration - Mandatory
- UNIX and Linux administration, especially OEL and RHEL. This includes demonstrated competence with shell scripting and familiarity with common UNIX utilities – Mandatory
- 8 years’ experience with Linux system administration including design of infrastructure and integration into new and existing virtual and physical systems.
- 5 years experience with compute/SAN/NAS hardware design, trouble shooting, tuning, optimization, and capacity planning
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to convey information on technical subjects to a wide variety of audiences - Mandatory
- Analytical skills and approach to problem resolution. - Mandatory
- Configuring and deploying SAN-based storage in a switched-fabric network. - Mandatory
- Configuring and maintaining Microsoft technologies, such as web servers, application servers, relational databases and LDAP repositories. - Desirable
- Project management and planning background – Desirable
- Configuring, compiling and installing GNU-based open source software - Desirable
- Creating, configuring, maintaining and tuning a consolidated server environment based on VMware technology. – Desirable
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, salary history/requirements via email to email@example.com and reference “Senior Systems Administrator” in the subject of your email. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.