About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is an established and growing technology company that develops, operates, and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role as an experienced Security Administrator, to manage all aspects of Cybersecurity for the company.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the VP of IT, the Security Administrator will be expected to provide front line support for all aspects of cybersecurity for Veros’ portfolio of financial services solutions. The role is also expected to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to Veros’ internal IT infrastructure and software architecture, design and development functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactively monitor Veros’ infrastructure for security breaches, unauthorized access, take appropriate action to mitigate risks, and provide root cause analysis
- Plan, coordinate, and implement cybersecurity measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Strong understanding of networking concepts including encryption, switching, routing, security and load-balancing, including SSL VPN, P2P and various routing protocols
- Provide compliance reports and conduct internal/external penetration testing
- Stay current with the latest Information Security advisories, trends and recommend innovative solutions to continuously improve overall security posture
- Install, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot security solutions
- Experience with IT Security to include anti-virus, DLP, mail security, patch management, IDS/IPS systems, etc.
- Design, maintain and practice disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Maintain a secure environment for sensitive customer, prospect, and organizational trade secret data
- Develop cybersecurity standards and best practices documents for network security, application security, and access control
- Work closely with the development team to review existing applications and system enhancements to ensure protection against the OWASP Top 10 and other common security vulnerabilities
- Manage risk register or risk log or risk matrix to track and prioritize risks based on severity
- Provide recommendations for security enhancements to senior IT management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent career experience)
- 5+ years of progressive “hands on” security analyst/administrator experience
- Subject Matter Expertise and 3+ years hands on implementation/development experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated excellence with troubleshooting and problem solving
- CISSP, ITIL, and Security certifications - Desirable
- Project management and planning background – Desirable
- Configuring, compiling, and installing GNU-based open source software - Desirable
- Network security
- Application security
- Corporate security
- Colocation security
- Disaster recovery plan
- Business continuity plan
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, salary history/requirements via email to email@example.com andreference “Security Administrator” in the subject of your email. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.