About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Operations, the Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This individual also assists the release management team with software build and deployment activities. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Plans/designs server, file systems, VMware, backup and disaster recovery.
- Maintains, updates, plans and installs servers and application software.
- Monitors and maintains the hardware and software for the datacenter infrastructure.
- Monitors and maintains the hardware and software for domain operations.
- Monitors operations, disk usage, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Designs the structure of the servers, applications, Active Directory, SAN, Exchange, Virtualization and Enterprise backups.
- Responsible for keeping infrastructure hardware and applications up to date including patches to firmware and applications, OS versions and hardware replacements.
- Performs hardware and software problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Performs application and operating systems patches, updates, maintenance and system activity monitoring for Windows Server systems, business systems applications, enterprise network storage systems, regular O/S patch and service pack delivery to server and desktop systems.
- Effectively and proficiently describes functionality, provides details as to product features, demonstrates, installs and answers technical questions about all system applications and products and their interaction to support the business functional areas.
- Determines system requirements for projects, system performance, future growth and expansions.
- Functions as system administrator performing tasks such as creating user ID profiles, performing security evaluations, audits of the Active Directory, providing end user support and help desk services.
- Documents and trains other IT team members on maintenance and usage of new and existing Infrastructure and Enterprise technologies.
- Initiates and maintains current documentation and diagrams on new and existing systems.
- Works cooperatively with IT team to expand and clarify documentation and ensures IT team members are trained in new and existing applications.
- Performs software builds and deployments.
- Administers internal systems, such as Jira, Subversion (Visual SVN), SharePoint, Confluence, VMware.
- Builds and deploys VM environments.
- Assists with planning and executing operating system and enterprise application upgrades.
- Coordinates upgrades and deployments with other individuals in the company.
- Assists in creating, maintaining, and improving software build scripts, deployment scripts, and processes.
- Assists in the development and documentation of operations processes.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems 2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013
- SAN/NAS technology
- Server Virtualization – VMware
- Enterprise data Backup
- Enterprise Virus Management
- Network Fax systems
- UPS Design and Wiring in Datacenters
- Server Hardware Configuration, RAID, Dell M630 Blade Servers
- Solarwinds, Nagios, Big Brother monitoring
- Scripting and automation
- Strong problem solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus, coordination, technical understanding and a participative style when working within a team environment.
- A high level of analytical skills and application of those skills in problem identification, definition, testing and solving in large scale server, SAN and Virtualization in Microsoft environments.
- A basic understanding of applying good software development practices to scripting (such as source control, code reuse, modularization, etc.)
- Ability to explain complicated ideas to non-technical users, peers, and partner agencies.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of information technologies and large scale project management.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Minimum of five years of experience performing Systems Administration duties involving Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Server platform, and Microsoft Exchange is required.
- Minimum of two years scripting and automation experience. Any experience with PowerShell, Visual Build Professional, MS Build, Windows batch, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Perl, C#, or PHP is a plus.
- Experience with DevOps concepts is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related filed is preferred.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org