Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to Director of Quality Assurance, the primary objective of this position is to lead software quality assurance efforts and to contribute to the quality release of all of the company’s products. This position requires a talented Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst who has technical abilities demonstrating a breadth and depth of technical knowledge, ability to break things down, understand why, jump right in and own the solution. In addition to manual testing this position requires knowledge in HP’s Quick Test Professional (QTP). This position requires the person to be familiar with the complete SDLC and have knowledge of test processes, planning and reporting. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to create supporting documentation, including test plans, use cases, bug and status reports as well as interface with customers on major projects. This position requires having a proven track record of delivering quality projects within very tight deadlines.
- Lead, coordinate, track and report test activities.
- Mentor, guide and provide supervision to other QA team members through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Plan, design, develop and execute test plans and test cases ensuring thorough coverage and exhaustive testing of all software system components to ensure compliance with functional/system specifications.
- Identify software quality risks and anticipate potential software problems at the earliest possible instance.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and maintain automated functional tests using QTP.
- Educate and train QA team members.
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Participate in defect triage meetings with Client's UAT and Business teams.
- Provide feedback on functional and technical designs and specifications.
- Assist in the growth of the QA department including Quality Policies, Procedures and Test Plans for Software Engineering.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Prior practical experience in the following areas is considered relevant to the position as indicated:
(Mandatory, Desirable, Useful)
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in Development/testing medium to large size projects, working on two or more projects from requirements inception to product release - Mandatory
- 5 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application product release - Mandatory
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies - Mandatory
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and procedures in professional software development including the SDLC – Mandatory
- 7+ year’s software QA experience - Mandatory
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing test plans and test cases translating from requirements and preparing test data - Mandatory
- Experience with XML/XSL, DTD, XML Schemas, Web services – Mandatory
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle preferred) and ability to write SQL statements - Mandatory
- Experience with functional, stress and regression testing including database validations - Mandatory
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to handle multiple concurrent projects with limited oversight - Mandatory
- Establish good rapport and work closely with development teams to coordinate testing activity, provide accurate/detailed defect reports and prioritize issues - Mandatory
- Experience using Version control systems such as SVN, CVS, Subversion, etc - Desirable
- Experience using Bug tracking systems like Jira, BugZilla, etc - Desirable
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field - Desirable
To submit your resume and apply for this position please send your resume and salary expectations to VerosCareers@veros.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.