Sr. Security Administrator
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is an established and growing technology company that develops, operates, and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role as an experienced Senior Security Administrator, for Identity and Access Management (IAM) specifically focused on IBM’s security platform and to manage all aspects of cybersecurity.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
The Senior Security Administrator will be expected to provide front line support for all aspects of identity and access management administration and cybersecurity for Veros’ portfolio of financial services solutions. The role is also expected to provide senior-level subject matter expertise and guidance to Veros’ internal software architecture, design and development functions.
- Proactively monitor Veros’ infrastructure for security breaches, take appropriate action to mitigate risks, and provide root cause analysis when an incident occurs
- Plan, coordinate, and implement cybersecurity measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Strong understanding of networking concepts including encryption, switching, routing, security and load-balancing, including SSL VPN, P2P and various routing protocols
- Provide compliance reports and conduct penetration testing
- Stay current with the latest Information Security trends
- Experience with IT Security to include anti-virus, mail security, IDS/IPS systems, etc.
- Design, maintain and practice disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Maintain a secure environment for sensitive customer, prospect, and organizational trade secret data
- Develop cybersecurity standards and best practices documents
- Work closely with the development team to review existing applications and system enhancements to ensure protection against the OWASP Top 10 and other common security vulnerabilities
- Provide recommendations for security enhancements to senior IT management
Identify and Access Management (IAM):
- Install, configure, and support IBM SIM, SAM, SFIM, SAM E-SSO, SDS, and/or SDI and the sub components DB2 and WebSphere Application Server
- Successfully troubleshoot integrations, configure policies, workflows, and access controls
- Provide front-line production administration services as required
- Understand high availability concepts, load balancers, clustering, and firewalls
- Interpret requirements and assist in producing solution designs in the areas of administration process and user provisioning, identification and authentication, authorization, identity centralization/directory services, federation, single sign on, and compliance reporting
- Work closely with software architects to design and develop product enhancements related to the integration with the IAM platform
- Monitor infrastructure using enterprise-class systems monitoring software
- Develop custom monitoring solutions for specific components as required
- Develop and maintain effective systems automation procedures using shell scripting and similar techniques
- Document technical operations standards
Other Internal Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time. Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
- Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation. Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Becomes knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction. Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility. Participates in the internal controls self-assessment process.
- Ensures concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent career experience)
- 5+ years of progressive “hands on” security experience
- Subject Matter Expertise and 3+ years hands on implementation/development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IBM Security Identity Manager (SIM)
- IBM Security Access Manager (SAM)
- IBM Security Directory Integrator (SDI)
- IBM Security Federation Identity manager (SFIM)
- IBM Security Access Manager Enterprise Single Sign On (SAM E-SSO)
- Demonstrated excellence with troubleshooting and problem solving
- CISSP, ITIL, and IBM Tivoli / Security certifications - Desirable
- Project management and planning background – Desirable
- Configuring, compiling, and installing GNU-based open source software - Desirable
- Creating, configuring, maintaining, and tuning a consolidated server environment based on VMware technology – Desirable
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, salary history/requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Senior Security Administrator” in the subject of your email. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.