Sr. Database Administrator
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person!
Reporting to the VP Information Technology, this position provides primary service and support for all production Oracle databases. In addition to production database support, the position is also required to provide support for several of the companies’ internal business operations systems and development platforms.
- Ensures smooth, uninterrupted operation of production database installations for R&D, ASP and client support operations
- Designs and evolves a robust mechanism for database change and version control.
- Configures, delivers and retires database environments as required to support ongoing operations
Design and Development:
- Provides significant input into the design and development of high-performance, scalable database-centric business solutions, especially from a physical engineering perspective
- Designs and implements highly-secured solutions using cryptography, access controls, challenge-response mechanisms, directory services, and other recognized authentication and authorization techniques.
Performance and Scalability Engineering:
- Serves as a champion and subject matter expert for performance and scalability engineering practices.
- Provides and enforces guidelines for robust performance engineering.
- Designs and implements repeatable processes for monitoring and measuring performance metrics.
- Demonstrates and leads competency in performance tuning, execution plan analysis, and statistics monitoring.
- Promotes database-related architectural best practices throughout the IT organization.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and mentor for all aspects of enterprise-class database engineering.
- Provides strategic technology guidance on evolving trends in the database technology marketplace.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Expert-level proficiency with Oracle RDBMS (9iR2 through 11gR2) and its companion technologies (Advanced Security, PL/SQL, Job Scheduling, Active Data Guard, VPD, RAC, Partitioning)
- Expert-level understanding of storage management concepts as applied to database engineering (RAID techniques, raw devices, SAN-based solutions, redundant switched-fabric architecture)
- Strong background and experience in architecting multi-terabyte VLDB (Very Large Database) systems, including demonstrable experience in physical optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, scalability planning
- Experience in database security administration, including use of roles, database links, fine-grained access control and cryptography to enforce security policy
- Familiarity with the challenges of administering multiple-instance Oracle installations, including data conversion and migration, disaster planning operations and production control
- Intermediate-level proficiency with UNIX skills (volume management, filesystem tuning, kernel parameter analysis, shell scripting)
- Intermediate-level proficiency with networking concepts and techniques (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, interface bonding, converged network architectures)
- Intermediate level proficiency with Windows Server Technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.