Software QA Analyst
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the primary objective of this position is to provide software quality assurance support for all of the company’s products. This position requires manual and automation testing and will be primarily responsible for creating and executing QA test plans and test cases. This position requires the person to be familiar with the complete SDLC and have knowledge of test processes, planning and reporting. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to create supporting documentation, including test plans, use cases, bug and status reports as well as interface with customers on major projects. This position requires having a proven track record of delivering quality projects within very tight deadlines.
- Plan, design, develop and execute test plans and test cases ensuring thorough coverage and traceability to business and functional requirements
- Focus on project quality issues across multiple projects
- Identify and analyze software quality risks
- Create automated test scripts using QTP
- Manage projects within scope of responsibility
- Work in a team environment or work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist in the growth of the QA department including Quality Policies, Procedures and Test Plans for Software Engineering.
Prior practical experience in the following areas is considered relevant to the position as indicated: (Mandatory, Desirable, Useful)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in testing medium to large size projects, working on two or more projects from requirements inception to product release - Mandatory
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of development experience (.NET preferred) – Mandatory
- 3-5+ year’s software QA experience - Mandatory
- 1+ Years of programming experience and test automation – Mandatory
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing test plans and test cases translating from requirements and preparing test data - Mandatory
- Experience with XML/XSL, DTD, XML Schemas, Web Services, SOAP, HTML, DHTML, – Mandatory
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle preferred) and ability to write SQL statements - Mandatory
- Experience with functional, stress and regression testing including database validations - Mandatory
- Experience testing variety of applications on the Windows Platform, Client/Server, Back end testing – Mandatory
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to handle multiple concurrent projects with limited oversight - Mandatory
- Establish good rapport and work closely with development teams to coordinate testing activity, provide accurate/detailed defect reports and prioritize issues - Mandatory
- Experience with testing web-based applications developed in .NET framework - Desirable
- Experience using Version control systems such as SVN, CVS, Subversion, etc - Desirable
- Experience using Bug tracking systems like Jira, BugZilla, etc - Desirable
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field - Desirable
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, salary history/requirements via email
only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Software QA Analyst” in the subject of
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.