Software Build Release Engineer
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role supporting technical operational needs of the company’s products and development teams.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the Software Release Manager, this position helps drive the long-term growth of the software build / release / deployment process. Your role will be to perform builds and deployments, design and develop new methods for improving the development environments and processes, and improve our use of SDLC tools and processes. The qualified applicant will be passionate for the automation of processes and integrating those processes with the SDLC toolset.
Your skills should be broad, with experience in the following areas: SDLC, build and deployment, source control systems, configuration management tools, software development, quality assurance, documentation, and product release cycles. The candidate should be able to juggle working with many partner teams and simultaneous tasks, have a demonstrable ability to establish and manage cross-team relationships and processes, write well-structured, optimized, documented, and tested code, have good communication skills, and a drive for results.
The position is based in Veros’ Santa Ana headquarters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good understanding of SDLC lifecycle concepts, including source control, defect tracking, automated build systems, and production control.
- At least two (2) years practical experience operating a full-cycle SDLC operation, including performing builds and deployments.
- Experience with scripting tools and languages, including Kinook Visual Build, PowerShell, MSBuild, batch, Perl, and Python.
- Experience with software development in a Windows environment. Basic familiarity with .Net, C#, and web development.
- A basic understanding of applying good software development practices to scripting (such as testing, source control, code reuse, modularization, etc.)
- Ability to follow established processes.
- Administrative and user experience with SDLC tools such as JIRA, Subversion (Visual SVN), Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases (experience with Oracle is a plus, but working knowledge of another database, such as SQL Server, is sufficient).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills are essential. Must be able to assess and resolve problems with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Windows server technologies.
- Basic proficiency with Linux (navigation, shell scripting).
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Experience integrating with and/or writing add-ins for JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone build, deployment, and app store submission is a plus.
- Ensures releases follow appropriate processes and have appropriate documentation.
- Ensures key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress and the state of software build and deployment activities.
- Assists in administering and improving the SDLC toolset.
- Follows processes and assists with process improvement, including reviewing, and updating, documenting processes.
- Assists with routine audits and software escrows.
Build and Release Management:
- Maintains and operates build and deployment environments.
- Maintains documentation of build and deployment procedures, environment requirements, etc.
- Performs software builds and deployments according to procedures and debugs related problems.
- Maintains software build and deployment scripts.
- Assesses, defines, and performs improvements to build and deployment processes and environments to increase performance and reliability.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.