Software Build Release Engineer
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the Software Release Manager, this position carries overall responsibility to help drive the long term growth of the software Build/ Release/ Deployment Process. Your role will be to design and develop new methods for improving the development environments and processes. You will create and deploy tools that unify the build process for developers, testers, while keeping it easy to use/understand, scalable and robust. The build process is complex both technically and conceptually, so the qualified applicant will be passionate for the automation of processes of immense scale. Your skills should be broad, with experience in the following areas of development: Scripting skills in Powershell and Batch, working knowledge of C#.NET, debugging skills, knowledge of compilers, and tools like Windows Servers Platform, MSBuild, VisualBuild, InstallShield. Familiarity with build processes and environments, product release cycles, branching strategies and Software Configuration Management tools is desired. The candidate should be able to juggle working with many partner teams and simultaneous tasks, have a demonstrable ability to establish and manage cross team relationships and processes, write well-structured, optimized, documented and tested code and have good communication skills and a drive for results.
The position is based in Veros’ Santa Ana facility and the scope of the position’s responsibilities includes Veros, its sister companies and field offices distributed throughout Southern California.
- Ensures appropriate standards of documentation and management control for promotion of intellectual property from one SDLC platform to another
- Ensures key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress and the state of software deployment activities
- Administers and maintains source code control environment
- Administers and maintains defect and enhancement tracking environment
- Document configuration management process for all SDLC platforms
- Maintains and operates technology platforms dedicated to the compilation, linking and packaging of the company’s intellectual property
- Maintains documentation describing system requirements for all build systems
- Executes 100% of all build processes required to create deployable artifacts for SDLC platforms outside the development organization
- Developing, triaging, debugging, and maintaining build tools.
- Triaging and debugging build problems.
- Communicating and working with development and test teams to resolve build related issues in a high priority manner.
- Assessing and defining improvements to build process and environments to increase performance and reliability
- Work closely with development, testing, program management, and other groups.
- Generating reports nightly\On Demand build reports for all build configurations and supported teams.
- Implements repeatable processes for defect-free software deployment
- Prepare documentation of all release and installation procedures
- Executes 100% of all software deployments for platforms outside development
- Delivers intellectual property packages to third party escrow service(s) as required to fulfill company’s contractual obligations with its clients
- Maintains a high level of professional discipline in the Software Build/release management activities
Other Internal Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time. Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
- Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation. Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Becomes knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction. Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility.
- Ensures concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Expert-level understanding of SDLC lifecycle concepts, including source control, defect tracking, automated build systems and production control
- At least two (2) years practical experience operating a full-cycle SDLC operation
- Familiarity with Oracle RDBMS and its companion technologies (Advanced Security, PL/SQL, Job Scheduling, Active Data Guard, VPD, RAC)
- Familiarity with basic database security administration, including use of roles, database links, fine-grained access control and cryptography to enforce security policy
- Familiarity with database querying and reporting using SQL and commercial tools
- Basic proficiency with UNIX/Linux (navigation, shell scripting, system monitoring)
- Familiarity with networking concepts and techniques (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN)
- Familiarity with Windows Server Technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort in a high-energy, high-visibility, proactive leadership role
- Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential
- Experience with command-line tools, source code control (SVN) and general scripting
- Previous experience with large scale build environment such as MSBuild and VisualBuild
- Experience with Managed Code, strong-name signing, .NET
- Experience with Windows Build environment, Linux OS
- General Understanding of RDBMS Oracle preferred
- Experience writing automated scripts (batch files, PERL, Powershell)
- Experience writing/maintaining scripts using build tools (MSBuild, makefiles, VisualBuild)
- Knowledge of Software Escrow, Source code escrow
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3219831