Senior Database Administrator
Veros Real Estate Solutions LLC in Santa Ana, CA is seeking experienced Senior Database Administrators to provide primary service and support for all production Oracle databases. Individuals hired into this role will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of Computer Science principles and concepts, as well as experience with standard occupational tools and technologies, to perform the following duties:
- Provide support for several of the company’s internal business operation systems and development platforms
- Ensure smooth, uninterrupted operation of production database installations for R&D, ASP and client support operations
- Design and evolve a robust mechanism for database change and version control
- Configure, deliver and retire database environments as required to support ongoing operations
- Provide significant input into the design and development of high-performance, scalable database-centric business solutions, especially from a physical engineering perspective
- Design and implement highly-secured solutions using cryptography, access controls, challenge-response mechanisms, directory services, and other recognized authentication and authorization techniques
- Serve as a champion and subject matter expert for performance and scalability engineering practices
- Provide and enforce guidelines for robust performance engineering
- Design and implement repeatable processes for monitoring and measuring performance metrics
- Demonstrate and lead competency in performance turning, execution plan analysis, and statistics monitoring
- Promote database-related architectural best practices throughout the IT organization
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor for all aspects of enterprise-class database engineering
- Provide strategic technology guidance on evolving trends in the database technology marketplace
**Position does not supervise any personnel.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field of study, plus 5 years of related, post-baccalaureate, progressively-responsible, experience that provided the required skills and abilities.
In addition, qualified applicants must have demonstrable skill, experience and proficiency in the following:
- Database administration and cross platform migration from Big-endian to little-endian systems;
- Oracle RDMBS, Advanced Security, PL/SQL, Job Scheduling, Active Data Guard, VPD, RAC, and Partitioning;
- Storage management (RAID techniques, raw devices, SAN-based solutions);
- Architecting multi-terabyte VLDB systems, physical optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, scalability planning, security administration, database links, and fine-grained access security controls;
- Familiarity with administering multiple-instance Oracle installations, including data conversion and migration, disaster planning operations and production control.
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The term "suitable," in this context, means substantial compatibility with stated academic level and job experience requirements, and ability to perform job duties.
- Job Site: 2333 N. Broadway, Suite 350, Santa Ana, CA 92706
- No travel; no telecommuting.
- Mail Resumes To: ATTN: HR, Veros Real Estate Solutions, LLC, 2333 N. Broadway, Suite 350, Santa Ana, CA 92706.
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: http://address.to/application