About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Veros is looking for a highly-organized individual as a Paralegal/Compliance Assistant who has excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team based environment. The Paralegal/Compliance Assistant’s primary function is to enhance the effectiveness of the office by providing support, information management, organization of resources, and representing Executives to others. Must exhibit a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Provides advanced assistance to company Executive-level Manager (Corporate Counsel) or Managers by performing various complex support functions, typically of a confidential/sensitive nature, maintenance of files, records and reports, all at high levels of integrity and discretion
- Assists in ensuring company compliance guidelines are followed and reported upon
- Participates in annual Audit documentation preparation
- Maintains, updates and prioritizes multiple forms of communications including Outlook Inbox & Calendars on a continual basis
- Exercises judgment and discretion in completing assignments and meeting deadlines
- Maintains communication with the General Counsel to ensure that he is prepared, organized and ready for meetings and events
- Acts as a liaison for General Counsel in various types of meetings
- Prepares and completes various reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Researches, compiles and summarizes information to formulate correspondence and respond to various inquiries from internal and external customers. Utilizes company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information to prepare reports/projects
- Completion of expense reports and submit expenses for reimbursement
- Regular communication with internal and external clients including employees, company customers, board members, and outside vendors
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; may record meeting discussions
- Drives continuous process improvement/efficiencies and make appropriate recommendations
- Engages in special projects – these may be many and varied at any given time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 2-3 years as an legal experience preferably with a emphasize in compliance/audit procedure Paralegal experience
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task across numerous projects at a high level of performance
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment with the ability to effectively prioritize action items to meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, efficient, a problem solver, thrive in a fast paced environment, strong time management skills
- Polished and professional appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must be high-energy with a positive attitude and proactive approach to responsibilities
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, salary history/requirements via email
only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Paralegal/Compliance Assistant” in the subject of
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: email@example.com