Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Engineer -Night and Swing Shift-
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the primary objective of this position is to maintain a well documented, continued high-performance, high-availability presence for Veros’ production systems and infrastructure. The responsibilities of the role specifically include operation and maintenance of the public-facing production technology infrastructure, including both Primary and Backup data centers, as well as major internal production and development systems. Responsibilities also include serving as primary point of client contact for technical support outside regular business hours.
- Resolve tickets as quickly and thoroughly as possible
- Perform physical security walkthroughs and administration of facilities
- Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical infrastructures, AntiVirus, Backups, and Systems
- Perform systems inventory, package deployments and server updates
- Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to assess situations and escalate following proper procedures
- Previous NOC experience and/or datacenter experience a plus
- 1-3 years Windows Server 2008/2012 Experience
- 1-3 years VMWare Experience
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco devices is a plus
- Active Directory/Exchange Experience a plus
- Experience in Solarwinds, Backup Exec, and Symantec End Point Protection
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, such as replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards is a plus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14127551