Jr. Systems Administrator
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, holidays, and more.
Reporting to the IT Operations manager, this position provides primary service and support for all end user desktop technology needs, including computer, telephone and peripheral devices. In addition to desktop technology support, the position is also required to provide specialist technical maintenance and support functions for several of the companies’ internal business operations systems. The position is based in Veros’ Santa Ana facility. Some local travel may be required.
- Provide support for endpoint devices, Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange, and network shares.
- Maintain corporate networking infrastructure.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, such as moving computers and servers.
- Installation and configuration of network appliances and local printers.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of all Windows workstations.
- Active directory administration (including group policies, user administration).
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of systems software.
- Backup & Recovery
- Operate backup and recovery systems, maintain backup logs, manage offsite storage of backup media, and backup media rotation.
- Apply the principles of Less Privilege consistent with the end users management defines roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure strict adherence to the company’s Information and Network Security program.
- Proficiency in the following skills is required with skill level as noted (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert).
- Windows 7 - Intermediate
- Active Directory - Intermediate
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008,2012 R2- Beginner
- Microsoft Outlook – Advanced
- Microsoft Exchange - Beginner
- Networking- Beginner
- Prior practical experience in the following areas is considered relevant to the position as indicated (Mandatory, Desirable, Useful).
- Proficiency in supporting Windows 7, Server 2008/2012 R2, MS SQL, MS Access, MS Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, POP, and SMTP. -Mandatory
- All areas of network management, including knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, VLANS, Trunking) and routing architecture - Desirable
- Basic understanding or firewalls and VPN’s’. Cisco ASA knowledge-Desirable
- Experience working on large enterprise projects.- Desirable
- Excellent communication skills.-Mandatory
- Linux/AIX systems administration - Useful
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.