Jr. Project Manager
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros Real Estate Solutions (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
The Jr. Project Manager will be responsible for the project management life cycle of internal application development projects. Leveraging PMI methodology, the Jr. PM will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans, agendas, minutes, resource plan, risk & issues logs, and change management documents throughout the project lifecycle. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The Jr. PM will be responsible for managing multiple internal projects at a time, multi-tasking and managing project work priorities is critical for this position.
- Manage the project lifecycle from inception to completion.
- Meet in person with project teams to take a project from feasibility through completion identifying the project objectives, related documentation, and business requirements are required.
- Work with the PMO Director to determine project priority, resource constraints.
- Manage and contribute to the effectiveness of the project team comprised of diverse functions and disciplines.
- Conduct project & technical meetings, provide meeting minutes, and author weekly status reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Interface with internal stakeholders including sales, product management, development, & SQA and external stakeholders including clients, client vendor(s), and/or integrated vendors with the application.
- Set and manage client expectations, and escalate internal and external issues as appropriate.
- Be a primary point of contact for project requests, act as a liaison between external teams and internal resources, and demonstrate the ability to discuss technical concepts with a business audience.
- Proactively manage project tasks and deliverables to the project schedule and milestones, apprise management of project status, identify & maintain a risks & issues log affecting project progress, and identify mitigation strategies.
- Ensure satisfactory project completion leveraging lessons learned validation of all project deliverables and artifacts upon project completion close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
- Champion and support project management standards, processes and procedures within the PMO and company necessary to deliver projects on time and within budget, ensuring the project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Recognize project, process, or application deficiencies, propose effective solutions, and take corrective action.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and best practices to improve service to our clients.
- B.S. in Information Technology / Computer Science (or related degree) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5years experience managing projects using PMI, Agile methodology.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of managing SaaS application development and/or client & vendor projects.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of SDLC models, and be able to apply the appropriate project management methods and structure for the SDLC model in use.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across multiple assignments
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Visio, and MS SharePoint
- Proficient with Project Management tools such as MS Project or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the real estate industry a plus related to collateral asset management or valuations
- PMI-PMP Certification or similar a plus.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org