Director of Software Development
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros Real Estate Solutions (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting sales for the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, holidays, and more. This position offers a base plus commission opportunities.
This role will provide oversight to all activities within the development and architecture departments, with specific emphasis on quality and time delivery. This role requires significant collaboration with business teams and must have strong executive presence and presentation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing, leading and managing successful teams and individuals in a software development environment.
- Lead a development team within a matrixed structure
- Work with the Quality Assurance, Release Management, IT teams and Project Management Office to deliver all Roadmap/Release commitments on time, on scope and with quality
- Engage with internal business sponsors and external customers, anticipating their needs, managing expectations and responding rapidly to customer requests
- Serve as an authority on functional and technical issues through management of personnel, both in-house and contract
- Participate in software development projects in an architecture, design and/or functional subject matter expert capacity
- Recruiting efforts and mentorship of software development engineers
- Along with other architecture resources, develop architectural standards and champion product architectural improvements
- Ensure development support coverage in support of tight customer SLAs
- Research current trends, development processes and emerging technologies and when appropriate effectively implement them
- Evaluate project requirements to estimate development effort, duration and cost
- Plan and effectively manage to an annual budget for the department
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Architecture role
- 3+ years of experience in management with direct reports and recruiting responsibilities
- Proven success with software/technology companies operating and maintaining complex, enterprise, real-time mission critical products and systems within the financial services industries
- Excellent management & communication skills, with ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across the organization
- Experience launching large-scale B2B enterprise applications and services on time and within budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and procedures in professional software development including the complete SDLC
- Experience designing SAAS applications with enterprise workflow and system integration components
- Experience with deploying web applications in a high-availability, clustered environment
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in complex, heterogeneous environments
- Experience working on large enterprise projects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies: ASP.NET, C#, WCF and IIS
- Expertise in the Unified Modeling Language (UML) for documenting the architecture and design of software systems
- Experience with at least one RDBMS, preferably Oracle
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.