Financial services information and technology company in North Orange County is currently seeking a corporate counsel position to help manage intellectual property, contractual, employment, litigation and other general legal needs of corporation. Position requires experience in transactional work, drafting and ability to negotiate and review various types of contracts and other legal documents, including license agreements, professional services, remarketing/distribution, confidentiality, lease and strategic business agreements. Experience with corporate and technology compliance issues is preferred. Work will include supporting the corporate secretary function, alternative investment operations, and coordination on legal issues with other business units and affiliated entities while performing additional duties as requested by management.
The qualified applicant must possess a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and a license to practice law in the state of California with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant legal experience, with at least 2 years in the following areas: Contracts, Negotiations, Intellectual Property, E-commerce and Corporate Law. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses and comprehensive benefits packages.
- Must be entrepreneurial-minded and a self-directed professional capable of working independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong initiative and excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are essential; as is an ability to manage multiple tasks, identify, investigate and resolve issues, and work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Must have proper phone etiquette;
- The qualified applicant will also be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Lexis/Nexis and Westlaw.
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.