Business Systems Analyst
About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more
The Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between product owners and development. They are responsible for ensuring that project requirements are accurately defined with clear and complete speciation’s and acceptance criteria. The business systems analyst will provide business and technical leadership while working with the Project Management, Development and Quality Assurance teams to ensure that projects progress on expected timelines and alert the project team to risks and issues related to all aspects of the project.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges.
- Writes, reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Work with product owners to create requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for development and quality assurance teams
- Participate in sprint planning activities to refine user stories, work with development to assess level of effort, define testable acceptance criteria, and capture questions and risk items
- Decompose large enhancement requests into smaller sprint size user stories
- Research background information in order to be more effective and to facilitate understanding of overall program activities
- Document data and process flows
- Translate vendor integration specifications into requirements
- Develops functional requirements as well as provides options and solutions
- Performs impact analysis and communicates needed changes to development and quality assurance teams.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Assists in testing efforts
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients
- Attends and participates in client meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in MIS or related discipline
- Minimum three years of business systems analyst or related experience in the software or technology industries
- Experience in an agile environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time
- Candidate must have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle models
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) and MS SharePoint
- Excellent English communication skills encompassing both written and oral, with an ability to discuss very technical issues with non-technical people
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities. Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of real estate or investment industries preferred
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org